Anglia Ruskin University is one of the largest universities in the East of England. In addition to being one of the most significant suppliers of nurses and teachers to the professions, all degree courses are designed to be not only vocational and relevant to the needs of industry and the professions, but also engaging and stimulating with the emphasis on the acquisition of practical skills.
The Department of Optometry and Ophthalmic Dispensing has a long-established relationship with some of the UK's largest retail opticians, including Specsavers, Boots and Vision Express.
The University also has great facilities and has invested over £80m in the last five years, with a further £115million planned over the next five years. Specialist study facilities include:
- Forensic Science laboratory, complete with scene of crime workshops
- Four University Libraries (including an extensive Digital Library in addition to our on-site print collections)
- Suite of multimedia sound and recording studios
- Human Energetics Sports Science Laboratory
- Optometry Clinic
- Simulated hospital wards and operating theatres
- Theatre & Art gallery
- A mock courtroom, for Law students
- Multimedia Language Laboratories